We had a group crit tonight.
I have just a couple of bullet points that I wanted to keep on record.
- The use of a plinth gives a sense of reverence to work.
- Research that becomes circular should be comforting and happens increasingly frequently as the research eventually feeds itself.
- A big scrapbook of ideas (a scrappier, less ‘tidy’ journal) is a really good way of keeping all the ideas and pathways together for future reference.
- Consider placing my work in a room away from everything else.
Consider the use of a ‘studio’ in the sense of a dedicated work/reflection space away from the house/domestic setting and leave it there to go back to reflect on.
- Consider painting the garage inside white and using that space for this purpose.
- Consider whether moving into the spare room as a studio would be beneficial (or just as a reflection space).
Don’t flit from the existing thread. Keep on this thread. Explore more.